I’m not sure I could imagine a much nicer idea for Mother’s Day than a hug from my kids.
I just know you feel that same, right? Good news: I’ve figured out a way for everyone to get and give a Mother’s Day hug, too!
Join me on INSTAGRAM for MORE INSPIRATION
These huggable packages can be made with plain wrapping paper or, if you’d like to do what we did: start with a piece of collaborative art work.
To make the collaborative art wrapping paper (that’s is seriously so cute you’ll want to use it as a piece of art —- and can!) this is what you’ll need
- 1 Roll of Craft Paper
- multiple paint brushes
- Pink Tempura paint
- Cut and place paper on a covered work space. We used a very large piece of paper and to keep it from buckling, I taped the edges with washi tape to the table top.
- I set this us as an invitation to create. This means that I set out pink paint, read to use; brushes with water and rags to drips
- I then invited the kids to each paint a heart. I encouraged them to fill the entire sheet and this was what they made.
Note: I was serious above that this is such a pretty project that we did hang it in a 70 x 100 cm frame.
In fact, I first shared this art project on Instagram and had so many inquiries on Instagram that I hosted several private art camps. If this is a concept you would like more information about or if you would like to hire me in your home, work or classroom for a collaborative art project, please contact me with an email: willowtweet (at) gmail (dot) com. You can see just a small glimpse of a few other collaborative art projects that I’ve shared that I’ve created with my kids / HERE
Now. Let’s make Mom a hug!
Supplies: Craft paper, pink paint (gauche, tempera or hobby paint), paint brush, black pen, double-sided tape, and pink card stock.
- – Using one color, paint hearts onto the craft paper (see above for family collaborative art)
- – Let dry.
- – Once the paper is dry, wrap your gift and embellish:
- – Cut 2 arms from the pink card stock.
- – Tape the bases of these arms onto the package.
- – Add facial details and a message.
Happy Mother’s Day wishes — AND —
Happy Hug Day for anyone and everyone you would like to give a hug, too!
Are you still looking for Mother’s Day presents?
DIY Mother’s Day Monogram Journals | HERE
10 + Handmade Mother’s Day Gifts | HERE
GIFT: COMMISSION A Floral PORTRAIT for MOM | HERE
(Haven’t heard of my Flower Portraits? See a few samples or portraits, art pieces and process here)
Give Mom an exclusive gift: COMMISSION A PORTRAIT HERE
Never miss a post, tutorial, news, gift and more | HERE