Make Stained Glass Sugar Cookies: Hello again! I’m so happy to meet you here and hope that you’ll enjoy this “10 ways to decorate Sugar Cookies” series and today’s second style in the series! (10 styles with one cookie recipe) Just continue below to see how we make these so that you can, too. …
The hard candy in these delicate cookies actually melts into sugary transparent windows and are bound to stir imaginations. They’re so captivated and don’t last long! Plus, the work is all in the preparation. Once these have been baked and cooled, they’re ready to go!
To make Stained Glass Cookies:
– Sugar Cookie Dough, recipe here
– 6-8 Lollipops (To make these green trees, use green only)
– Unwrap and crush the lollipops into a powder by placing the unwrapped candies in a plastic bag and then, crushing them with a hammer or with a rolling pin. Turn them into a fine powder.
– Cut out Sugar Cookie and cut a pattern in the middle. You may cut the middle out by cutting the shape free-hand or by using a smaller, similar shaped, cutter to make the interior shape.
– Fill the interior shape with the lollipop powder. Spread this evenly through the middle.
– Bake according to the standard sugar cookie instructions.
– Once baked (these should not brown), remove from the oven and let cool on the lined baking sheet. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet, once cooled and enjoy!
Willowday Wishes. Join me on