Violets symbolise love in “the Language of Flowers ” so using violets to make a card for Mom feels like it’s sprinkling the day with extra love. If you are a subscriber to willowday, you’ve already received these cards + other Mother’s Day links are already in your in-basket.
If you’re not a subscriber but, would like to get these FREE PRINTABLE FLORAL MOM Cards, click on the link | HERE | + immediately receive the link to download, print.
On a personal note, violets symbolise both my kids and my Great-Grandmother and Grandmother. First, is there anything sweeter than a chubby toddler hand extending a fistful of wilting violets and Spring flowers?
Then, I mention my Great-Grandmother because the corner windows of her home were a haze of purple from all of the potted violets she kept. I’ll admit to having zero interest when adults would rumble about which color of purple they preferred or inquired about her watering-schedule, when I was a kid; however, I did have BIG interest in what I could find hidden between her potted violets at Christmas time. Between the plants, she would hide her homemade fudge in the paper-thin porcelain candy container. The violet scent comes to me now when I think of fudge at Christmas.
Today is her daughter’s 99th birthday — my Grandmother and my kids Great-Grandmother. She’s an active 99. We feel so graced by her: with her lively laugh, strong opinions, meticulous penmanship, piano playing stamina, ability to still harmonise while singing . She’s startling fast + light on her feet — spry as a lark — plays a competitive game of cards and has a green thumb with windows filled with violets. Could it be that violets are a fountain of youth? Love lives in these petals for me. I wish you a weekend of it for you, too.
Download your Mother’s Day Card | HERE
When you subscribe to become a friend of willowday, you’ll never miss a post, a gift or special happening.
- I aim to write once a month and your subscriber emails are for my eyes only.
(Note: My brother kindly calls me bohemian which I’m not 100% how to adsorb: but when I think of my willowday newsletter approach, I think this could apply to it. I write extra newsletters based more on a season, an event or a feeling than a rigid schedule. I won’t fill your in-box with too many (we’re all so busy) but, I hope, enough to give you a little extra and for us to stay in touch.)
I like the chance to send you something that feels a little more personal and tailor-made to you which can be an occasional gift like these, links to willowday post for you and/or your kids, links to others who are inspiring me, and special news.
- The same goes for my Art Prints and Floral Commissions. I list only a few prints in my shop but, have many others available. If you’re looking for something special for a first birthday gift or a friend or would like to commission a portrait, just send me an email: willowtweet (at) gmail (cot) com
- You can find Art Prints, my ABC Flower Safari Book + Poster in my store and read more about Commissioning my Floral Portraits, here.
Something you might like:
- Pinch Pot RING PlATES or FLORAL VASES FOR MOM | HERE (as seen in the photo above)
- DIY Mother’s Day Monogram Journals | HERE
- 10 + Handmade Mother’s Day Gifts | HERE
- GIFT: COMMISSION A Floral PORTRAIT for MOM | HERE
- (Haven’t heard of my Flower Portraits? See a few samples or portraits, art pieces and process here)
Never miss a post, tutorial, news, gift and more | HERE